Agenda Lee College
February 6, 2017
Steve Evans, Karen Seratt, Daniel Christie, Harry Pang, John Elliott, Karen Guthmiller, Mike Spletter, Scott Bennett, Mark Jaime, Oris Buckner, Christopher McClure
Sam Ortallono, Tom Sandoval, Marti Covington, JR Velez, Susan Smedley,
STEVE EVANS REPORT
1) Update on Campus Carry We currently have a task force. We plan on completing our campus policy by end of March to take to the board in April and for approval in May.
– We cant exclude the dual credit spaces
– Testing is automatically a safe zone since no personal items are allowed when in the space
– The arena and PAC are safe only during events
2) Poll on No-Smoking Campus The next step is to toughen up on smoking/chewing. Employee breaks are becoming a problem.
3) Student Emergency Procedures There will now be a Crisis Management Team that will automatically be notified upon campus emergencies with submission of an upcoming standard form for instructors. A student emergency procedure is forthcoming.
ITEMS OF ACTION/QUESTIONS
1) Steve Evans to call DOT in regards to traffic situation over at McNair
2) When we order signs; they should read Concealed Campus Carry
Student Emergency Procedure is still needed