LATEST UPDATE: July 8
Free COVID-19 Testing Available to LC Employees & Students Next Week (July 14-16)
Lee College is partnering with Harris County Public Health to provide free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing to our employees and students Tuesday, July 14; Wednesday, July 15; and Thursday, July 16. Anyone interested must register online to reserve a testing time.
Who Can Sign Up to Be Tested?
- Any current Lee College employee or student may sign up for the free COVID-19 testing.
- In addition, family members and friends of current Lee College employees and students may also sign up to be tested, but they must be present with you in the vehicle at the time of testing.
- You do not have to be exposed to or currently be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to receive the test. Any current employee, student, eligible family member or friend can sign up to be tested.
How Do I Sign Up to Be Tested?
Signing up for the free COVID testing is a quick, two-step process.
- First, anyone interested in receiving a free COVID-19 test, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Second, beginning Friday, July 10, you will receive an email and/or text with a special registration link that will allow you to register directly through Harris County Public Health. Follow the instructions on the link to officially register online for the testing. After you successfully register, you will receive a 12-digit code to receive your test.Important: If you have family members or friends who are eligible to test, share the special registration link with them. ** Each person being tested must complete a registration form. ** Please remember, only family members and friends present with you in the vehicle at the time of testing are allowed. Anyone who registers must have a valid email address to receive test results.
How Does Drive-Thru Testing Work? What Do I Do the Day of the Test?
- The drive-thru testing will take place in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) parking lot. Employees and students registered for a test will access this area by turning onto Gulf Street and taking a left turn into the PAC parking lot (driving directions to Lee College). Traffic monitors will be available to provide directions upon your arrival.
- On your test day, you must bring your Lee College ID card and/or any unexpired government ID card to verify your employment or student status.
- Please see the Harris County Public Health flyer for information about what to expect on the day of your test.
When Will I Get My Test Results?
Test results will be emailed to you directly from Harris County Public Health between 3-5 days after your test.
What If My Test Results Are Positive?
College protocol requires all LC employees (full or part-time, working remotely or not) to report a positive test result to the Human Resources Office. Employees should contact Human Resources to share this information by emailing email@example.com, calling 281.425.6875 or submitting the online LC Employee COVID-19 Reporting Form.
The information you share is confidential and submitted directly to Human Resources, which will review the information and follow up with you by email and/or phone within 24 hours to get pertinent information, assess additional risk to other employees and the college community, provide information regarding available leave benefits and share resources to assist you during this time.
We look forward to serving you and your family! Should you have any questions before testing day, feel free to contact me or Nardia Leonce, Safety Team Project Manager, at 832.356.6190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Human Resources