Application Packet (PDF)
Since 2005, this distinctly selective program has provided students with the opportunity to develop leadership skills, network with professionals, and promote public services both on and off campus. We are thrilled that you are interested in participating in our distinguished program. We want to emphasize our commitment to empowering students both academically and professionally. Get ready for an awesome experience as we embark on this journey together. GO TEAM!
What is a Student Ambassador?
A selective group of students chosen through an application and interview process who represent Lee College both on and off campus while serving as mentors and role models to all students. This talented and well-trained group of students provides the campus with resources to assist prospective and current students in the enrollment process, represents the institution in outreach activities, and assists with Outreach Services activities and campus tours, while promoting Lee College in a positive manner. Students are awarded a $500 scholarship per semester. In return, they must commit to a minimum of 45 hours of service.
Why be an Ambassador?
In addition to the scholarship awarded each semester, students are given the opportunity to promote and represent the college by sharing their college experience to area high school students and the community. Ambassadors also receive valuable leadership and teamwork training.
Student Ambassadors partake in various outreach activities both on and off campus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading group or individualized campus tours
- Facilitate class presentations to high school, middle school, and elementary students
- Staff high school college nights/days tables at career fairs
- Attending high school lunch visits
- Serving as encouraging role models for students
- Providing students and the community with information regarding Lee College programs and services
- Serving as advocates for higher education
- Successful completion of at least nine (9) hours at Lee College.
- Currently enrolled at Lee College.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 45 hours of service per semester.
- Availability for some evening and/or weekend activities.
- Possess excellent communication skills, leadership skills, and strong interpersonal skills.