LATEST UPDATE: March 23
Dear Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students,
By now you have likely heard of the orders from Harris County Judge Hidalgo ordering a “Stay Home. Work Safe” order. This order has significant impacts on our current response plan to the COVID-19 pandemic. The good news is that we are already operating almost fully remotely. As a result, we have a much narrower gap of items to comply with the order. Let me share what I know and what this means for us right now:
1. As of March 24, no student or employee has been confirmed with COVID-19.
2. College facilities will be closed to the public, including students and non-essential personnel effective Wednesday, March 25. Employees who need to gather materials to work from home should plan to do so TODAY before 8 p.m.
3. Beginning Wednesday, March 25, all Lee College facilities will only be accessible to essential employees who have been contacted by their leader to come in. If you are an essential employee, your leader will let you know what responsibilities you have. Essential employees will be asked to comply with specific procedures issued by their leaders to ensure CDC guidelines for screening and sanitation. Under no circumstances should you show up on campus without expressed permission.
4. Lee College will remain in this altered operations period until the Federal, State, and Local Authorities change the status of the COVID-19 situation and lift the “Stay Home. Work Safe” order.
5. Students Services are now fully online. Visit the Lee College Coronavirus website – student resources web page for more information.
6. Course resources, including library, electronic textbooks, tutoring, and Blackboard help are available online. For more information, visit the Lee College Coronavirus website – library, tutoring, and other course support services.
7. The College Bookstores are fulfilling online orders for book requests and shipping books directly to students. For more information, visit the Lee College Coronavirus website – bookstore update web page.
8. We will continue to pay employees throughout the altered operations period.
This is an unprecedented time for all of us. I appreciate your patience and flexibility as we continue to think about and analyze all the details. We will get through this together!
President, Lee College